The month of May celebrates JOY, caring, kindness and happiness at Fairway. But, #FairwayJOY is a movement… and it continues all year round. #FairwayJOY sparks the act of spreading JOY to others as a way of sharing the happiness that fills the hearts of all Fairway employees. Acts and words of encouragement can be shared on social media and via email here.
Our CEO Steve Jacobson describes the culture of joy and giving he has created at Fairway in a recent interview he gave as the award recipient of a Jefferson Award by the Jefferson Awards Foundation. The interview was featured on WKOW at our corporate headquarters in Madison, WI.
“It’s all about making a difference in our communities and making a difference in someone’s heart.” Steve Jacobson
Making a Difference
Fairway works year round to raise money and help spread joy to those in our communities through three non-profit organizations.
- – FairwayCares Fairway Cares was established to provide support to individuals and families with a critical illness, have sustained physical trauma, or are grieving the loss of a loved one. When you need to reach out, we are here for you. Currently, programs include sending care packages and providing financial assistance.
- – The Fairway Foundation Fairway’s internal non-profit designated to provide employees and their families with financial support during hardships, such as critical illness, trauma or the loss of a loved one.
- – American Warrior Initiative The mission of Fairway’s American Warrior Initiative is to educate, encourage and inspire Americans to give back to our active duty and veteran clients. A key part of this initiative is the education platform for real estate professionals. Please check out the videos on www.AmericanWarriorInitiative.com to see how AWI has changed the lives of many of the wounded heroes of America.
What could you do to spread joy?
- Volunteer at American Heart Association to raise awareness about women and heart disease.
- Donate to Fairway Cares, Fairway’s non-profit developed to support families in their time of need.
- Deliver meals to seniors and people with disabilities in your community for Meals On Wheels.
- Volunteer for the American Warrior Initiative and give back to our military.
- Donate food to your local food pantry.
- Give back to the Fairway Foundation just by shopping on Amazon. Learn more here!
- Bake some cookies, then gift the goodies to a neighbor or local service in your community as a “just because” or a “Thank You”.
- “Pay it forward,” at Starbucks or vendor of your choice.