Now that the spring market is upon us, it is time to “shovel out” your networking skills and get to work wooing buyers and sellers.
We did some digging ourselves and crowd sourced some of the top questions home buyers and sellers are advised to ask a real estate professional when deciding whom to work with. How prepared are you to answer the following?
- Are you a full time real estate professional?
- How long have you been in the business, representing sellers? Buyers?
- Do you have any professional designations?
- What is your website, URL, email, and do you have a home search app? What other types of digital tools do you use?
- How will you market my property? Do you have a written plan?
- How do you price property? What is your average time from listing to sale?
- What is your average list price to sale price ratio?
- What resources can you refer to help me prepare my home for sale?
- How many homes have you listed and sold in the last 6 months?
- Do you have references I can contact?
How well would you respond to all of these? Are these questions that you get asked frequently? Are there some areas where you could polish up your presentation?
Perhaps there is other information you like to share that resonates with your clients and leads to new business.
It is always a good idea to review your customer retention and referral strategies to make sure they are working for you, to identify areas of improvement, and make sure you are keeping current with the latest tools, tips and trends. Be sure you are cross promoting and using your networks as much as possible to promote your name and reputation.